The Thermal Energy website permits users to obtain access to information about Thermal Energy International Inc., its products, solutions and key personnel. In providing this access, Thermal Energy recognizes the principles of privacy of personal information.
- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share information
- How your data is protected
- How you can access and control your information
- Other Privacy Information
1. What information we collect
Thermal Energy International (“TEI” or the “Company”) collects, uses and is responsible for, certain personal information or data about you. The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is important. TEI uses or processes the personal data collected and provided in a confidential manner and solely in accordance with the law including the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
We collect Personal Data from you when you submit web forms or interact with our websites, this data may be collected when you:
- Sign up for a newsletter or subscription
- Register your details to receive content relating to our products and services, e.g. investor pack
- Contact us for customer support, enquire about our products and services, or provide feedback
The personal data which is collected may include your email address, first and last name, job title, contact number, other similar business information and details of any comments or feedback which you provide.
TEI may also collect and process records of any correspondence and communications and a record of transaction history with details of the fulfilment of any order. When data is provided as part of purchasing a product or service under a contract, TEI will process your data under contract necessity with the data being needed to fulfil the contract.
2. How we use your information
- Necessary for the entry into / performance of a contract: When you enter into a transaction, a contract will have been entered into between you and the Company. In order for TEI to fulfil its obligations under such contract, we will need to collect and process your personal data. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up and financial information on entering into the transaction or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will, unfortunately, mean the company cannot provide the goods or services to you.
- Consent: If you have opted in, TEI may send you marketing messages by email, post or telephone about the Company and its products or other services.
- If you are not a customer but have provided TEI with consent to use your details for marketing purposes, the Company may also contact you about its products and services.
TEI will only use personal information for the purpose it was collected. Should the Company ever wish to use it for another purpose, TEI will contact you first asking you for your consent. TEI will primarily use data to communicate with you, deliver the service you have requested, or services that might interest you or improve our service.
Length data is kept
Data is not kept any longer than is required for the purposes of the processing or to comply with the law. Since data is collected for many different purposes there is not a single retention period for all data. Instead, TEI carefully assesses the length of time to retain data according to the processing purpose and to comply with any legal obligations. When data is no longer required for the purposes of the processing it is securely removed from the Company’s systems.
3. How we share your information
TEI does not sell Personal Information to other companies.
The Company may disclose your information to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract entered into with them or you; e.g. service providers who operate elements of our site service and process personal data on our behalf. These may include businesses that provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services.
TEI may also disclose your personal data to any supply and delivery partners required for the purpose of processing and fulfilling an order. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of data protection law.
5. How you can access and control your information
Should you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform TEI by sending an email (details provided below or by or selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ (link) on any email the Company has sent you and your information will be removed from the Company’s systems. You can request, correct or update your personal information by contacting our Data Protection Lead using the contact details below:
Data Protection Lead
Thermal Energy International (UK) Limited
1 John Street
Bristol BS1 2HR
+44 (0)117 917 7010
Requests will be dealt with and responded to within a reasonable period, and no longer than 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for your country.
6. Other Privacy Information
Information About Children
The websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected Personal Data about a child under 16, please contact us at Data.Lead@ThermalEnergy.com so that we may delete the information.
This policy was last reviewed and updated: July 2022